Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another Good Muffin day..

I like to give the kids a good snack and sometimes muffins just fit the mood.  These are sure to please and I hope you will like them as much as we do.

Lime and Coconut Muffins
yields 12 muffins
1 cup All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup Spelt Flour
1/3 cup Coconut Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/3 cup Tofutti Sour Cream Substitute or Plain Non Dairy Yogurt
2/3-3/4 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk (until it is the right consistency)
2/3 Demerara sugar
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1/3 cup Lime Juice
1 tsp Vanilla
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 muffin tin cups with paper liners.
Combine flours, baking powder, salt and coconut in a large bowl, using a whisk to blend together.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream substitute, coconut milk, sugar, canola oil, lime juice and vanilla. Pour into the bowl with the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
Cook in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.

2 comments:

  1. These sound SO delicious! I love lime and coconut (makes me thing of that Nilson song. Do you know it?) Where's the photo of these? I'd love to see them! (Guess I'll just have to make em, eh?) Don't you just love baking with So Delicious coconut milk? It makes the texture of everything so wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that song too. It was running through my head when I created these muffins. I do love So Delicious Coconut Milk. I have not found a better milk replacement for baking. I hope you enjoy the muffins. I will try to post a picture next time I make a batch.

    ReplyDelete