Pretzel Buns adapted from this recipe
SERVES 12 , 1 dozen pretzel rolls
* 1 1/3 cups Warm Water
* 2 tablespoons warm So Delicious Coconut Milk
* 2 1/4 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
* 1/3 cup Demerara Sugar
* 2 tablespoons Earth Balance Spread, melted
* 2 cups Unbleached All Purpose Flour
* 2 cups Spelt Flour
* Kosher Salt or Pretzel Salt
* 2 quarts Cold Water
* 1/2 cup Baking Soda
1. In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix a 1/3 cup of the warm water with the yeast and let stand until foamy.
2. Add the remaining cup of warm water along with milk, sugar & melted butter and swirl to dissolve the sugar. Mix until a nice pliable ball of dough is formed. Add more flour if necessary.
3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured table and knead for 2 minutes. Roll into a 2 foot long log and cut into 12 even pieces. Cover dough with plastic wrap and a damp cloth, let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Pat dough into rolls or buns and arrange on a lightly floured surface about an inch apart and cover with lightly oiled plastic wrap. Let the dough rest for an additional 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 425°. Place baking parchment paper onto 2 baking sheets.
6. In a large stockpot, bring the cold water to a rolling boil and add baking soda.
7. Drop two rolls into the boiling water and boil for no more than 30 seconds, turning once. Carefully remove with slotted spoon or spatula and hold above pot and let drain. Sprinkle with salt. Repeat until all dough has been boiled and salted.
8. Arrange rolls on the parchment covered baking sheets and bake on the upper and middle racks of the oven for about 8-10 minutes, or until browned all over; shift pans from top to bottom and back to front halfway through, for even baking.
9. Let cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer them to a rack.
10. Serve warm or at room temperature.