Monday, January 10, 2011

This is for you, Candi.

I promised I would post my recipe after I finished tweaking it, sorry that it took so long. My family dived into these brownies like ravenous wolves on meat.  Watch your fingers when serving them to young chocolate fiends or you might end up needing band-aids.  I hope you will like it as much as we do.

Vegan Brownies

1/2 cup Earth Balance Margarine, melted (use Soy Free Earth Balance for a soy-free version)
1/2 cup Canola Oil
2 cups Demerara Sugar
1 cup So Delicious Coconut Milk Unsweetened
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup Unbleached All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup Spelt Flour
1/3 cup Coconut Flour
3/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (Please use Fair Trade Cocoa Powder)
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 9x13 inch baking pan.  Stir together first 5 ingredients in a medium sized bowl or large liquid measuring cup. Set aside.  Sift dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, then stir in sugar mixture.  Stir until thoroughly combined and pour into prepared pan.  Smooth batter with a spatula to make the surface as even as possible.

Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let brownies cool 10 minutes before slicing.  Should make approximately 20 brownies.

I took advantage of the cold weather to whip up a batch of my Mushroom Posole.  I will try to post that recipe tomorrow.  Stay warm, and try the brownies, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment